Wednesday, July 29, 2009

European Adventures 09

Europe in a nutshell:


I'm in Europe. Been here for a month now...Sitting in a nice little hotel in Barcelona. I had a wonderful little melon for dinner. Lovely just lovely.

I just got back from Paris...Loved it. The best part was spending an evening eating Foie Gras with my friend Mr. Jordan Cohen. We bought some baguettes from a local bakery...got Foie for half off (if you get it two days before the end sale date you get a great price)...bought some sauterne and jam. Perfect meal for the river bank of Paris. I encourage anyone who happens to read this to do that exactly. I also enjoyed our night out at the Highlander a rowdy little underground Bar that stays open way after closing time. They had a D.J. who love ABBA a little too much and very expensive beer (7 euro) but you can't bitch when its 4 in the morning and you still want to drink. They delivered. The bartender also spoke english so that made things easier...




Barcelona Was and is Fantastic. I rented an apartment from http://www.waytostay.com. It was in the perfect area. Barrio Gotic. We loved it. Great Tapas all over the place... walking distance to all the Gaudi you could ever want or need. Very Nice.

Portugal was interesting. Lisbon= non stop party. Lagos= non stop party. We had super cute places to stay. in Lisbon we stayed in a little apartment in the middle of Barrio Alto. If your into nightlife this is the place to be. Great food around here too. In Lagos we stayed inside the old walls so we were walking distance to the nightlife and the beach. If I were to stay here again I would probabley go with a hostel just because its easier to meet people to spend time with. Fun place though...beautiful beaches.

Oh and lets not forget IBIZA! though its known for its crazy clubs and non stop partying, I was really more drawn to the beaches then anything. I got a map with little umbrellas showing where the beaches were and just drove to as many as I could. Love it. I would highly recommend renting a car. It makes your stay much better. There is a great little fruit market in Sant Antoni near the port that I think is really worth checking out. Best watermelons ever!



All in all Europe was fantastic!

No comments: